Today on the podcast, Sean and Makenna discuss the new Diamond Collector Card Game developed by FourFiveSix.
The card game was developed to help preteens talk about the pressures in their lives. There are three different colors that focus on specific pressures:
- red cards focus on pressures from God,
- green cards focus on pressures from peers
- blue cards focus on the pressures from authorities.
These cards can be used a couple different ways.
- The Diamond Collector Game, where you are trying to create diamonds by using the pressure cards and the rock truth cards in your caves. In addition to the rock and pressure cards there are effect cards that can change things that occur during the game when they are activated. The goal of the game is to earn more diamonds than everyone else.
- A game similar to Apples to Apples. The first person puts out a pressure card and everyone else looks at their Rock Cards (bible verse cards) and turns one in that they feel would be helpful in the pressure situation. The person who placed the pressure card then reads the rock cards and decides which one best matches the pressure and they award diamonds to the winning card.
- Small Group discussion about pressures. There are also Small Group Discussion Questions included with the cards that can be used over the course of four weeks.
The cards can be purchased at diamondcollectorcards.com or for ministry leaders you can go to fourfivesix.org/diamonds where you can purchase a 100-ministry pack which is enough for 5 students.
Have a question about preteen ministry or a unique preteen ministry idea that we can feature on our podcast? Send it to email@example.com. Looking for a great community of preteen leaders that you can plug into? Join us at http://fourfivesix.org/.